How to Rescind a Policy
- Identifies a need for rescinding a policy and designates a Responsible Office.
- Prepares a rationale and justification for a decision to rescind the policy.
- Coordinates Stakeholder review responding to any questions or concerns.
- Obtains endorsement from Responsible Executive followed by an approval from Approval Authority.
- Sends the approved request to rescind policy accompanied by supporting documentation to the Office of the Secretary of the University.
- If Approval Authority is Board of Governors (BOG) and/or Board of Trustees (BOT), works with the Office of the Secretary of the University to schedule and obtain endorsement by the appropriate committee and approval by the board.
Office of the Secretary of the University:
- Provides consultation to Responsible Executive and Responsible Office at the outset and as needed during the entire process.
- If Approval Authority is Board of Governors (BOG) and/or Board of Trustees (BOT), works with Responsible Office to schedule committee reviews as a prelude to obtaining approval of BOG/BOT.
- Updates Policy Library website and communicates to the University.
- Notifies Responsible Executive and Responsible Office that the policy has been rescinded.